Images or pictures that you use in a presentation or in research papers must be cited.
Any items obtained from the web or scanned from a print source should be attributed to the owner of the copyrighted
work. This includes photographs, paintings, or other works of art, tables, graphs, and other illustrations from
primary or secondary source materials. Images from royalty free clip art, such as the clip art
available in Microsoft Word or Power Point, do not need to be cited.
As a general rule, the following elements are needed in the citation:
- artist's name, if known
- title of image, if known (if not use a description)
- institution where held, if known
- title of article or book if applicable
- author of article or book if applicable
- title and date of journal if applicable
- database name if applicable
- date of access if online
- date of publication if originally from print material
- URL if applicable
Example using APA Style
Images from royalty free clip art, such as the clip art available
in Microsoft Word or Power Point, do not need to be cited.